April 30, 2012

You Rule!

Happy Monday!

How was your weekend? 

The weather here in southern California was beautiful. We decided to take a last minute trip up to Disneyland. We normally go in December or January, it's much less crowded during that time of year and we love to see it decorated for the holidays. Plus each night at 10pm, they make it snow on Main St. and they light up the castle with twinkly lights. It's so beautiful! It was pretty busy, but we had lots of fun.
 Especially, in Toon Town!

So next week is "Teacher Appreciation Week" and Tuesday, May 8th, is "Teacher Appreciation Day". I thought this week would be a perfect week to share some fun teacher gifts/cards. It's gives you a little time to plan, if you have a special teacher, or two, in your life.

Today's project is a quick card.
I got the idea for this card from one of Lettering Delights Cut-it-Sets, called Pop School. I used a rectangle from Make-the-Cut's free shapes. I sized it at 2 1/2" x 5". Then I created a shadow around it, and welded two of them together to form the base of the card. Overall size of the card is:10.5" x 2.8038".  I used the same font as the Pop School cut and sized each number to .5770" high. I eyeballed their spacing/placement on the card.
I papers I used are from PaperTrey, Core'dinations, and Recollections. The red and white twine is from Trendy Twine.
The "You Rule" stamp is from Jaded Blossom's "Teacher Appreciation" stamp set.

The rulers sweet face was made with Peachy Keen Stamps, PK-450 Wide Eyed Kids Face Assortment and the PK-150 Accessories ONE Assortment for the glasses.  I also used Mod Podge's Dimensional Magic, to add dimension, on the lenses of her glasses. I have a tendency to be impatient and I didn't wait long enough for the dimensional magic to dry.  So if you look closely you can see that there are "cracks/scratches" on each of the lenses. I tired... :)

 I also wanted to tell you about a couple of blog hops that I am in this week. The first one is on Wednesday, it is for my friend Jamie's "1st blogaversary"! I hope you will join us for some inspiration and fun!
 You can find out more info here.

I am also in a second hop on Friday! This one I am co-hosting with my friend Candace. We are both super excited about this hop! You are not going to believe how fun all the projects are!
For more info about this hop, click here. 

I can't wait to so you tomorrows project, it's going to be sweeeeeet! (hint hint) :)

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful day!