December 13, 2010

Eating Crow

Happy Monday!

It feels good to be up and around again. I have have been terribly sick the last two weeks and I have missed all of you! I am starting to feel a little like myself again and I was even able to spend some time today with my bestie, we went shopping, to lunch, and then spent a little quality time with our Cricuts. 

I want to let you know, that I know, that I need to announce the winners of my two giveaways. The first winner, from last weeks Flaunt it Friday Blog Hop, has been picked but I am having problems with my comment system. When it is back up and running correctly, I will announce the winner. The second giveaway is for yesterday's Thank You Gift's Blog Hop. I am going to keep the comments open for a second day, just in case someone had to work yesterday and was unable to hop with us. I will pick the winner tonight and announce both winners tomorrow morning. 
 
  So on to today's post....

I have to admit something to all of you... when I first saw the "Shall We Dance?" Cricut cart, I wasn't impressed. In fact, I was pretty sure that I wasn't going to ever have a need for that cart. Ever. I have no little ballerina's in my life, not a fan of Dancing with the Stars or So you Think You Can Dance.., and none of the images were appealing. Even after a couple of my PKS design team members made super cute cards with the cart... I still wasn't feeling it. 

Well, that all changed when I actually held the cart in my hands. When I was able to see the images up close and flip through the booklet... I realized that I was wrong! Now... in my defense I will say that I probably will not use this cart as a normal everyday cart, but all I could think of when I started looking at it was "Nutcracker". The Nutcracker Ballet is my most favorite video/music to watch and listen to during the holiday's. Each image reminded me of a different part of the ballet. 
This is the dance of the snowflakes


This is my snowflake card.
Isn't she pretty!?!

The ballerina is from page 22. She was cut at 4". The purple top note shape behind her was cut from the Playtime cart at 4 1/4". I outlined it with some Martha Stewart clear glitter. I also added a little glitter to her dress.
 The papers are Cosmo Cricket and Coordinations Gemstone paper.
 I wanted to use a Peachy Keen face stamp but he face was to small, so I cut the original eyes and mouth.

So... I admit it... I was wrong about the Shall We Dance? cart. :)

If you haven't left a comment yet for the Peachy Keen Happy Lashes stamps that I am giving away. Click here and leave a comment.  


  I will be back tomorrow with another Nutcracker card and the winners of my two giveaways!

I hope you have a wonderful day!