August 03, 2011

Summer Fun "Guest Designer" Wednesday

Happy Wednesday!
Today is the tenth week of my summer guest designer series. This week's guest designer is my talented friend, Saundra! Her blog is called Luv Scrapping Together.
 
Hello Crafty Friends! I am absolutely thrilled to be this week's Summer Fun "Guest Designer" at September Ninth. I have been following Ruthie's blog for quite some time and I am always inspired to create when I visit. She is a real sweetheart and is always sharing her creativity. Another thing that happens to me when I visit is I frequently purchase the cute SVG files that she is always using to create. She is such an enabler!! :)

My name is Saundra from Luv Scrapping Together. I am a wife and mother. My husband and I have 4 almost grown children. I have been crafting something or other since I was a child but paper crafting is the first thing that I have stuck with consistently.

When I think of summer I think of the sun and fun. With that in mind, I thought it would be fun to put together a layout with a Luau type theme. Now, I haven't been to a Luau recently and have no pictures for this layout but it will be ready when I do. :) Besides, I just had to use these lanterns!
These lanterns are from an svg file called Luau. It can be purchased from SVGAttic. It has more than lanterns in the set and, just so you can see, here is the rest of the layout!
The frame, torch, and flowers all came from that same set. I also used Life is a Beach Cricut cartridge for my hula girl and title. The font on this cartridge does not have a shadow so I just off-set the letters to create a bit of a shadow. 
Here is a closer view of the title:
And here is a close up of my little hula girl:

Isn't she sweet! I just love my Peachy Keen face stamps.

If you would like complete detail just come on over to my blog, Luv Scrapping Together. I love new visitors!

Thank you for having me as a guest designer, Ruthie! You are one of the sweetest bloggers out there. Thank you for the encouragement! ~Hugs!!

Ruthie here...
Thanks so much Saundra! Your layout is adorable! Please head on over to Saundra's blog and leave her some blog love!

Thanks so much for stopping by today, see you tomorrow!
I hope you have a wonderful day!