June 20, 2010

Cricut Cardz Challenge #29

This card was my design team submission for last weeks Cricut Cardz Challenge.

The challenge was to create a card with a vacation theme. I had  a few ideas running around in my head and then I remembered this and this, (instant inspiration!) and I just knew what I wanted to do. I have been following Jenny's blog for 4 or 5 years now and I just LOVE everything she does! If you shop at Michael's you may have even been lucky enough to pick up some of her design's, on small cards, in the dollar bins. Here is her online store!

Sooo back to my card... The size is 4.25 x 5.5. I used the DCWV Summer Dreams designer paper and card stock paper stacks. I cut the Ferris wheel cut from the Summer Vacation cart. It was cut at 6 inches, out of pink DCWV glitter paper. I used foam tape to mount it to the card, for a little added dimension.

For the inside of the card I used the coordinating papers from the DCWV Summer Dreams card stock stack. The ticket was also cut from the Summer Vacation cart. It was cut at 3/4" and the backed with a small piece of blue card stock so that the "ticket" would stand out.
Now head on over to the Cricut Cardz Challenge Blog and play along with us! You never know, you may win this weeks drawing!

Oh! Please don't forget to visit  Jenny too! :)

I will try to get a video posted for this card sometime on Monday!

Happy Scrap'n!
Ruthie :)

2 comments:

  1. How fun ! I love your take on the vacation theme :) Jenny's blog is great too, TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooo awesome! I love how it overflows over the corner of the card! Like always, AWESOME! XOXO Momo

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one! :)