June 26, 2010

1st Week of Summer Challenge

WooHoo! It's Saturday! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

So... this is my third challenge for this week. I decided to play along with Craft Junkie Too's, 1st week of summer challenge. This is what I came up with.

I just love this little pig from the Create a Critter cart! I decided to give her a floral sarong and a small pink flower for her ear. She even has a coordinating umbrella and beach chair...that's how us CA surfer girls roll. :)

The card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2". I used Craft card stock from here.  The pattern papers are from the K and Company, Greenhouse stack and all the solid card stock is Bazzil. I cut the pig from the Create a Critter cart at 3 1/2". The flower was cut at 3 1/2" and it can be found on the page with the zebra. The flower is suppose to be an accent for the zebra, so if you keep your dial size at 3 1/2", it should cut in correct proportion for the pig too. Everything else was cut from the Life's a Beach cart. The umbrella was cut at 3" and the chair at 2". I added a small piece of white ribbon to the pigs sarong and a little coordinating ink for definition.
The paper on the inside of the card is also from the K and Company, Greenhouse stack. It was cut 3 3/4" x 5" and the white sentiment piece was cut 3 1/4" x 4 1/2". The flip flops were cut from the Life's a Beach cart at 1".


I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Happy Scrap'n!
Ruthie :)

5 comments:

  1. This is the cutest card, and those paper are so bright and fun! LOVE THEM!!! XOXO Momo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthie...this is so stinkin' CUTE - I just LOVE IT!!! Thanks so much for participating in my summer challenge.....good luck in the drawing. Ü ♥Tracy p.s. - your blog is sooo cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so cute!! i especially love the added touch of the flip flops inside. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came across your blog...cards are totally adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one! :)