January 24, 2014

Sweet Birthday Wishes

Happy Friday!!!

Today is my dt day on the Timeless Twine blog! This month, on the TT blog, all the Twine-ista's are sharing projects with a "something new" theme. That "something new"can be a new technique, new color of twine, new product from the store, or a new tool that we use while making our project.

I thought I would try making a card that has a "monochromatic" color scheme. A monochromatic color scheme is when one color used in various values and intensities (darks and lights). I chose to use the color purple. I found 4 shades that I thought worked well together.
11-11
I made this card for my sweet little Emily's, 2nd birthday. She is obsessed with Princess Sofia, so when I found this Sofie svg at LSHD, I knew that it would be perfect for her birthday card. 

I cut Sofie at 3 1/2" tall. The finished size of the card is 4" x 5". 
10-10
Paper: Recollections, Martha Stewart, and Core'dinations
Sofia svg: LSHD, Sofie
Face Stamp: Peachy Keen Stamps, PK-1320 In the Garden Face Assortment
Bling: Recolletions
My Creative Time Products:

I used the Timeless Twine's Purple Passion twine. You can find it, a ton of other colors, and lots of fun packaging in the Bella Creationz store.
08_Purple_Passion_01

I hope you have a wonderful day!