September 03, 2014

Birthday Wishes!

Happy Wednesday!!!

Hiya! Today is Inspiration Wednesday over on the My Creative Time blog. I found this card a couple years ago on Flickr and marked it as a favorite. I've been wanting to make my own version and I finally got the around to it. I made my card a birthday card, like the inspiration card, but I was thinking that it would be a fun "thinking of you" card as well. Next time I will probably stamp the sentiment on the inside.
IMG_0204-1
  I used a darning needle/piercer and punched a hole through the front of the card, on either side of the crayons. Then I threaded the darning needle with twine and pulled the it through each hole and tied it around the crayons. I found that the crayons were still a bit wobbly, especially the more it is handled, so I secured each crayon with a small glue dot on the back. 
IMG_0206-1
Paper: Papertrey Ink & Echo Park, Little Boy
Crayons: Target
Twine: Timeless Twine, Tuxedo Black
My Creative Time Products:

I hope you have a wonderful day!