November 16, 2009

Pumpkin Bread

I found this recipe when I was in college and broke. I started making this bread as gifts for family and friends during the holiday season. The best part about this bread is that it is so much better after you freeze it. I usually start making it in September. What is nice is that it is really easy to personalize it for the person you are giving it to by adding in different ingredients. I usually make batches that include, walnuts, pecans, dried cranberries, raisins, and last but not least chocolate chips. :)  I make 10-15 batches each year. I go to the dollar store and get the small loaf tins, one batch will make 4 loaves.  

I get rave reviews every year about this bread. In fact usually by the end of September people start requesting it. :) Try it!

Pumpkin Bread:
3 1/2cups flour
2 tea. baking soda
2 tea. salt
1 tea. baking powder
1 tea. ground nutmeg
1 tea. ground allspice
1 tea. ground cinnamon
1/2 tea. ground cloves
3 cups white sugar
1 cup canola oil
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups solid pack pumpkin puree
2/3 cup water


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two regular size loaf pans. I use 4 smaller sized ones. In a mixing bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Set aside. In a new bowl mix sugar, oil, and eggs. Once mixed, slowly combine pumpkin. Then slowly add in the flour mixture, once it is all mixed together slowly add the water. Then pour the batter into the two prepared loaf pans. Bake in preheated oven for 55 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan. I buy the small light weight tins at the dollar store, so I just leave the loaves in the tins.




Yum! Try it, you will be glad that you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one! :)