February 21, 2012

Happy Birthday Cynthia!

Happy Tuesday and Happy Mardi Gras!

To be completely honest, yesterday was actually Cynthia's birthday but I didn't get my post up in time. So my post and present is a day late, but hey, who doesn't like to extend their birthday by a day or two?

Anywhoo... enough about what a lame SIL I am, lets talk about Cynthia's present... shall we?

I found these super cute wooden clothes pins at Michael's last week. I found them in the $1 section and they came in several colors. I grabbed a few of the turquoise one's thinking I could spruce them up a bit and do something fun with them.
This is what I came up with. 

I used some sandpaper and roughed up the edges  a bit. I wanted it to look a little beat-up/scraped-up. Then I chose some papers from Echo Park's, This and That paper collection. 
The roses were sized in Make-the-Cut and cut out with my Ecraft. They can be found on the Quilled Flowers file from Lettering Delights. The larger one was cut out at 3" and the smaller at 2 1/4".
 The tag and sentiment are both from My Creative Time's, Teeny Tag Greetings stamp set. I think this set is one of my most favorite sentiment sets and those little tags are just the perfect size!

Happy belated birthday Cynthia! I hope you had a wonderful day!

See you tomorrow!