August 23, 2013

Back to School Teacher Gift

Happy Friday!

I have one last back to school project for you today.

I actually saw the idea for this on Jill's blog. I thought it was so cute and I knew that I wanted to make my sister in law one for her desk at school. 
1-1-1
Jill put books in her box, but I thought it would work great to hold pens, pencils, scissors, and rulers (ha!). I found some round glass candle votive's (4"tall x 4"diameter) at the .99 Store, I bought three of them. They fit inside the box perfectly and each one can hold something different.  

Want to know how to make them!?!
4-4
I bought the rulers at the .99 Store. They come 4 in a pack and I needed 6 packs. You will need 42 - 6" rulers, so you will need to cut each ruler in half. I used my jigsaw, to cut them, but a skill saw or table saw would work too. 
5-5
Once all my pieces were cut, I hotted glued them to my box. You can also use wood glue to attach them. I had hot glue, so that is what I used. I used 15 on both the front and back (30 total) and 6 on each side/end (12 total), so overall I used 42 rulers. Some of the rulers had holes in them, so that is why I added the ribbon along the bottom, it was to cover the two row of holes.
3-3-3
The black board (Stitched 3x4 Journal Dieand letter dies (Lowercase Fun Dies) are both from My Creative Time. The chevron apple cut is from the Silhouette store.
2-2-2
Wood Box - Michael's
Ruler's - .99 Store (4 in a pack, 6 packs needed)
Ribbon - Joanns
Lowercase Fun Dies
Stitched 3x4 Journal Die
Chevron Apple Cut - Silhouette Store

I love how it turned out, I sure hope my SIL does too!

Next week is new release week for My Creative Time. We will be sneaking peaking projects all week and then Friday is the release blog hop! It's another super fun release! I cannot wait to show you my projects!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!