August 14, 2013

Back to School Week - Day 3

Happy Wednesday!

Today is day 3 of my Back-to-School week. I have a fun altered item for you today.

These fun altered clothes pins make a great "Welcome Back" gift for any teacher.
IMG_8715-1
These were super easy to make! 
I took some scrap papers and cut them 1/4"or so wide and attached them with a bit of Mod Podge. Then I sanded the edges with a medium weight nail file, until I had the effect I liked. (You could ink them at this point, if you wanted... I like the non-inked look, so I went with that.) Once I was happy with the look of them, I stamped the sentiments on each one,  this could be done first... before you glue the paper down. Anywhoo... either way will work. Lastly, I placed a small magnet to the upper back of each one, so that they can be placed and used on a fridge or filing cabinet, if the recipient wishes. I used E600 to attach it.
IMG_8718-1
I took the 3x3 Trifold Card and scored it, from the pointy top, down  3 3/8",  3 5/8", and 7 1/4". Then folded it in on itself and attached the clothes pins. (See photo above to figure out how to fold it) I used a bit of twine to secure them to the back, so that it won't flip open. I also added a small tag that I made with the Chunky Jar Accessories Set.
IMG_8721-1
Paper: PaperTrey Ink & My Minds Eye
My Creative Time Products:
Clothes Pins - $1 store
Twine: The Twinery
Small Magnets: Amazon
E600: Amazon

See you tomorrow with day 4 of Back-To-School week!

I hope you have a wonderful day!