December 18, 2013

Etched Soap Bottle

Happy Wednesday!!!

I have easy and inexpensive gift idea for you today. I love giving these bottles with a small bottle of dish soap. I love the look of them and that they dress up your sink area/kitchen a bit too. 

The last couple of years I've seen on Pinterest, different ideas for dressing up the bottles. I thought this year I would make a few that are etched with the words "Dish Soap" on them, to give as gifts. 
6-6
They are really easy to make. I designed the template in MTC and then cut it out on a piece of contact paper. You can use vinyl, but contact paper works just as well and it's cheaper then using vinyl. 

I have the template, that I designed, below as a freebie. I have a link to the free font listed as well, just in case you want to download it. I sized the font at .6" tall, just in case you want to make your own template. 

The etching process is fairly simple. You cut your template out of contact paper, apply it to whatever your etching, and then add the cream. Follow the directions on the side of the etching cream bottle, for length of time to leave the cream on.  Lastly, you wash away the cream with soap and water, pull off the contact paper, and walla! You have an etched masterpiece!
5-5
Bottle: Walmart
Contact Paper: Walmart
Etching Cream: Joanns (I used a 50% coupon)
Font: Zapata Light
Dish Soap Template: Freebie

See you back here tomorrow with another fun and easy etching project/gift!
I hope you have a wonderful day!