February 21, 2014

Swatch Book Idea

Happy Friday!!!

Today is my dt day over on the Timeless Twine blog. The last month or so, I have been re-doing my craft/studio space. After a thorough clean, fresh paint, and some new pieces of furniture, I have put most of my "things" back. I did purge a large amount of stuff, but because my room serves as my work studio, sewing room, and paper crafting space, that means that I have to be really creative when it comes to space planning and organization.  In the next couple weeks I will share more about my space, but today I am going to show you a quick and easy way to keep track of products that you already have. 

I have most of the Color Shine sprays by Heidi Swapp. I love them and use them often, but I always forget what they look like once they are dry. I thought it would be a good idea to make a swatch book of all the colors that I have, so it could be used as an quick/easy reference when I am working on projects.
5-5
I grabbed some of the small white tags from the Timeless Twine Store, wrote a Color Shine color name on the back of each one, and then sprayed the front with that Color Shine color. Once they were dry I strung them together with a bit of Tuxedo Twine. Now I have something to reference the colors by while I am working on projects. I can also grab it and take it with me to the store, to make sure I don't purchase a color that I already have. 

This idea would work with ink pad colors as well.  6-6
Products used:
Color Shine: Heidi Swapp, Michael's
Timeless Twine: Small Tags
I will show you another organizational tip next week!

I hope you have a wonderful day!