March 05, 2011

Information Saturday

Happy Saturday!

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

I decided to make today's post a "catch up" post. Each week I get emails asking me a lot of the same questions, so I thought it might be helpful to answer them in a blog post.

This week I have had quite a few people email me about the personalized stamp that I used on the Jesus Love Me book, that I made. 
I have had three custom stamps made. The one in the photo above,  one with my blog address, and one with my Etsy store address. They come unmounted but they have adhesive on the back. I just mounted them to a clear acrylic blocks, that I found at Michaels in the $1 bin.
I purchased my stamps from here.

I also get a lot of questions about the needle nose glue that I use. I love this glue! It dies really quickly and the needle nose applicator makes applying glue to small cricut cuts a breeze! It was the best $10 investment, with exception to my Martha Stewart scoreboard, that I ever made.
 You can find the glue here and the applicator here.

The next question that I get is about Peachy Keen Stamps. There are so many sets that it can get a little overwhelming trying to decide what set to start with. There is no "right" answer to this question. Basically, I suggest getting a basic set that has all different expressions in it. There are three sets that I think would be a perfect, 1st set to have.

PK-490 Everyday Character Face Assortment


PK-540 Funshine Face Assortment


PK-570 Basic Paper Doll Face Assortment

All three of these sets are very generic, meaning that they could be used for a boy or a girl. They also each have a mixture of expressions. I think any one of the three sets above would make a perfect 1st set. It just depends on which one you like best.

I have a few other favorites as well.

PK-754 Critter Faces SET A Medium

This set is perfect if you cut a lot of animal cuts. Create a Critter, Give a Hoot, Live Simply, Paisley, Birthday Bash these faces work really well with all these carts. This set comes in four sizes; small, medium, large, and extra large. Medium is probably the best set to start with unless you normally cut your animals bigger then 3 1/2", then I would suggest getting the large set.

PK-640 Princess Face Assortment

This is the cutest set! It works perfectly with the Once Upon a Princess cart or any girlie cuts. There is also a coordinating boy set!

PK-642 Boy Mates Assortment

I love this set, it is perfect if you have little boys in your life.

Once you get a few basic sets that will work with anything, then it's fun to get a few of what I call "fun" sets. Here are a few of my favorites.

PK-692 Monster Mash Face Assortment


These faces are fun for the Mini Monsters, Paperdolls or any of the Halloween carts.
and...

PK-660 Laughy Taffy Face Assortment

These are really fun faces for the Rock Princess cart and to add to fruit and other non-human objects.

Last but not least... here are a few of the brand new sets that are quickly becoming my favorites.

PK-450 Wide Eyed Kids Face Assortment


and...

PK-757 Wide Eyed and Bushy Tailed Assortment


The assortment sets are your best deal. You will get 6-7 designs in 5 or 6 sizes, so that is 25 - 30 stamps per set. What is nice about having the different sizes is that you can cut your cricut cut at almost any size and you should have a face to work with that size. 

My favorite white Pen to use to color in the eyes/face is:

White Gelly Roll Pen Medium Point

You can also find this pen at Michael's.

My favorite inks to use are:
  
Both of the above inks can be purchased online at Peachy Keen but you can also purchase them at Michael's and Joann's.

The chalk I use to color in the cheeks/face is:


 I purchased my chalk set at Joann's with a 50% off coupon. I have seen the same set at Michael's too.

Also...


Peachy Keen Stamps is having their ANNUAL ST. PATTY'S DAY SALE ON
THE 16th and 17th of MARCH!!!!!
 
TIERED DISCOUNTS, PRIZES AND ONE LUCKY PERSON WILL RECEIVE A FULL REFUND FOR THEIR ORDER BY WAY OF A DRAWING.

Hopefully, this post was helpful. If you have any other questions please leave them in the comment section and I will answer them in Monday's post.

I still have three blog hop giveaways going on.

 Spring Fever blog hop, click here.
 Ashley's Scrappin Palace Bloggaversary Hop, click here.
  Create a Book Blog Hop, click here. 

You still have time to enter each giveaway. I will be choosing the winners tonight at 9pm, my time (pst). They will be announced in tomorrow's blog post.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope you have a wonderful day!