October 01, 2010

Peachy Keen's "Let's Face it Friday" Challenge #2

Happy Friday!

Are you ready for another Peachy Keen "Let's Face it Friday" Challenge? This weeks challenge is all about finding your "Muse". Honestly, I have never been a big fan of the word "muse",  and I am not quite sure why. The definition say's, "a guiding spirit" or "a source of inspiration". Now... "inspiration" what's not to like about that word? :)

I work in a creative industry. I have inspiration all around me 5-6 days a week. I find inspiration in the craziest of things. Narrowing it down was my main problem. Now, if you are a follower of my blog you know that I LOVE paper. LOVE it..the color, the texture, the feel of it when I am holding it in my hand, the smell, yes...the smell. :)  So anyway, there is only one thing that I love more then paper... can you guess what it is? 


FABRIC
Nothing can change my mood like a trip to a fabric showroom! I could spend all day just walking the isles and touching/looking at samples of fabric. Crazy...I know. It's unbelievable how quickly my mind fills with inspiration while standing in the middle of Kravet.  Seriously!

Anyway, now that I have confirmed how crazy I really am, it's probably best that we move on to my card. Since bolts of fabric were not the best choice for the front of a card, I decided that I would use the next best thing! My sewing machine, because fabric is only fabric, until it is transformed by my sewing machine.
That is exactly how I feel every time I sit down in front of her...like she is smiling at me!
Pretty cute...no? That PK stamp just brings her to life!
The paper is Cosmo Cricket, the sewing machine cut is from Silhouette, the PK stamp is from the "Snow Cuties" face set, and the buttons are from my stash of vintage buttons.
I like it so much...I think I might just frame it!

I can't wait to see what you super talented ladies come up with for this weeks challenge!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!