October 14, 2010

Random Act of Kindness Blog Hop!

 Happy Thursday!

I'm so excited because I was asked to be a part of Joy's Life.com's Random Act of Kindness Blog Hop! If you have come here from Robyn's blog you are in the right place and if you want to start from the beginning of the hop, start at Emma's blog.

So... on to the hop! 

Unfortunately, I spend a lot more time thinking about random acts of kindness then actually doing them. I have great intentions...just not enough time for the follow-thru. Lately, one of my most favorite things to do, is to purchase the coffee for the person behind me in the drive-thru line at Starbucks. My hope is that it puts a smile on their face and that they pass it on and purchase the coffee for the person behind them. So this coming Monday morning, I am going to purchase a gift card, and let the manager at Starbucks randomly choose 3 people and pay for their coffee. I am also going to give them a little something extra!
I started with 4" x 9.5" Wilton Clear Party Bags, fun size candy bars, my Cricut, cute paper, and Peachy Keen stamps. First, I filled each bag with 3 candy bars, then I cut the excess plastic off the top of the bag, and then I stapled three times along the top.
Then I cut 6 pieces of red paper 4 1/4" x 3 1/2" and scored them down the middle at 1 3/4". I also used my Apron Lace edge punch to finish off both edges. Once they were all punched , I used my ATG gun and attached them to the top of the bags.
 I made the tags next. I cut 6 -3" circles for the base. Then I cut 6 - 2.25" pumpkins from the Mini Monsters cart. I inked, stamped, and doodled on them until I was happy with the way they looked. I also wrote a small note, printed them out on my printer, and then attached them to the back of each tag.   
I then used my Crop-o-dile and punched a hole through the tag and the candy bag and secured them together with raffia.

I think they turned out really cute. The manager at Starbucks will give 2 of the bags to each person, one for them to keep and one for them to give to someone else, to pass on the RAK, and hopefully put a smile on someone else's face! :)

Below is the list, in order, of all the blogs in the hop!


So... we couldn't have a RAK blog hop without having something for you to win!
I am giving away a set of Peachy Keen's new stamps!

PK-501 Snow Cuties 1 1/8"

 

 

 

 

How to be entered to win!

1. Become a follower, if not already.

2. Leave me a comment.


I will choose the winner via random.org on Sunday night at 6pm. The winner will be announced in my blog post Monday morning.


Make sure you hop to all the blogs and leave comments... you never know you may win something!

Thanks so much for hopping along with us today! 

 

 Click here to go back to Joy's Life.com


I hope you have a wonderful day!