August 21, 2012

Customized Clip Board

Happy Tuesday!

Today is day two of my back-to-school, teacher's gift week. Those of you that missed yesterday's post, I am dedicating this week to inexpensive and easy back-to-school gifts for teacher's.

My project today is a altered custom clipboard.
 How much fun is this?

I found this fun back-to-school paper in my paper stash. I trimmed it to the same size as the clipboard and then Mod Podged it to the front of the clipboard. Once it finished drying, I sanded and inked all the edges. The solid black paper piece measures 3" x 9" and the red is 2 1/2" x 9, I also inked the edges with black ink. I then attached them 1" up from the bottom edge. I designed/sized the letters in Make-the-Cut: 2 1/2" tall and 7 3/4" wide, then I cut them out in black vinyl, weeded the negative parts off, applied transfer tape, and transfered it to the front of the board. Lastly, I tied ribbon to the "clip" part of the board. 
Clipboard: 99 cent Store
Paper: Free- from my paper stash  
Font: LD Letterman Jacket - Free - already on my computer
Black Vinyl: Free - from my vinyl stash
Ribbon: Free - from my ribbon box
Mod Podge: Free - in my adhesive box

Total cost $1!

The "Mrs. Robinson" was designed in Make- the-Cut and cut out, in back vinyl, with my Silhouette.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a fabulous day!