January 31, 2013

Sweet Baby - Thrifty Thursday

Happy Thursday!

Today is Thrifty Thursday on the My Creative Time blog. The goal of Thrifty Thursday is to use your "scraps", to make a card or project. I have a bin full of scrap paper that I have been working on trying to use up, so this project was right up my alley.

All of the papers and twine used, were left over scraps from other projects.
15-15
I made a card for a friend, who is getting ready to have a baby boy. I don't know why, but I am a little obsessed with elephants, when it comes to baby cards. See my last baby card here
16-16
The card base is from the Cricut Artiste cart. It's a tag shape, I took two and welded them together to form the base of the card. It measures 4.25" x 5.25".  The inset pieces were cut at 4"x 5" and 3.75"4.75". The elephant is from Paper Piecing's by Nikki, he was cut at 3.5". 
17-17
Paper: PaperTrey Ink, Core'dinations, and Moxxie
Card Base: Cricut, Artiste Cart
Elephant, Paper Piecing by Nikki, Jungle Animals
Banner Die: My Creative Time, Chocolate Greetings Stamp Set
Sentiment: My Creative Time, Chocolate Greetings Stamp Set
Twine: Timeless Twine, Fire Cracker

For more Thrifty Thursday inspiration, click here.

I hope you have a wonderful day!