May 31, 2012

My Favorite Stamp of the Month Thursday!

Happy Thursday!

 So a the beginning of the year, Emma started what she calls "My Favorite Stamps of the Month" Thursday. Once a month one or two of her older stamp sets are featured. What so fun about this? Well, you get to play along with us! If you own one of these sets and have made a project with it, we want to see it! 

This month three sets are being featured:
My Little Fire Cracker
Fun in the Sun
Your my Best Buddy

If you have one or all of these sets and you want to play along with us and make something, please do so! If you have already made something and want to share it, that's fine too! All you have to do is head on over to My Creative Time and link up your project(s) to the Mr Linky  at the end of the blog post. (click the "Mr. Linky" above and it will take you right where you need to be!) You have two weeks to"link" up!

So... I made a magnetic photo holder.
Normally, I add ribbon at the top, so that it can be hung on the wall. This time I thought it would be fun to put magnets on the back, so that it can be attached to the refrigerator. Hopefully, it will make that special photo on the fridge "pop".

It is made with a 5 x 7 metal roofing tin. They can be purchased at Home Depot in the roofing/sheet metal section. They come in packs of 24 for $12. 
The Snow White cut is a new file from Lettering Delights called, Happily Ever After.
She was cut at 3 3/4" tall. Snow's face was from Peachy Keen Stamps, PK-640 Princess Face Assortment. The sentiment is from My Creative Time's, Have Fun in the Sun stamp set.
The magnet was made with 4 circles, one 3/4" red circle, one 1/2" black circle, and two 1/4" back circles. I placed the black circles so that they formed Mickey's head.  Then I attached the red circle to a round 3/4" magnet, these can be purchased at Joann's, and then applied a thick layer of Mod Podge Dimensional Magic. I just have to say, I think the magnet is my favorite part of the whole thing! I just love how it turned out! 

The magnets on the back are just peel and stick 1/2" wide magnet that was also purchased at Joann's.
The papers are from DoodleBug Designs and Core'dinations.



Also....

Tomorrow I am co-hosting a blog hop!
 I hope you'll join us... It's going to be lots of fun!

Thanks for stopping by!
I hope you have a wonderful day!