May 05, 2012

Ole'

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

If you are looking for the "May the Force be with You" blog hop, click here!

I wasn't going to make a card for today, I was actually just going to post about some yummy cupcakes that I made, but I found this super cute svg set a couple nights ago and I couldn't resist!  
The lime in the sombrero is from Lettering Delights Cut-it-Set called, Cinco de Mustache. He was cut at 3.25" tall. The card base was made with a pennant shape from Friends Fur-ever cut-it-set. The base pennant was sized to 5" tall and 3.75" wide. I used the shadow layer feature in Make-the-Cut to create the base of the card, sized at 4.25" x 5.5". Then I welded two of them together at the top. The " Ole' " letters came from the same set as the lime. I joined them to the front layer pennant.
The papers are from PaperTrey Ink, Core'dinations, and Recollections.
The limes eye's are from Peachy Keen Stamps, PK-294 The Cornies 1 1/8"
stamp set.


So... shall we go back to those yummy Margarita White Chocolate Coconut Key Lime cupcakes that I was talking about?
 
I made these last year for Cinco de Mayo (will be making them again this year) and never got a chance to share them. I found the recipe here!
...and they are so fun to make and eat!

Here is a picture of the spread that we had last year.
Home made beef rolled tacos, chips, and all the fixings! Hungry yet?

Also...
This Monday is the Peachy Keen Stamps Alumni blog hop!
 
You can find you more about it here.
I hope you will take the time to hop with us!


I hope you have a wonderful day & Happy Cinco de Mayo!