December 19, 2012

Homemade Vanilla Exract

Happy Wednesday!

Have you ever tried making your own vanilla extract? It's really simple and inexpensive to make and is the most wonderful gift to receive! 

Here is a great article, that I found, with all the specific's and "how too's". I decided that since my blog is about "crafts", it was best if I stick with paper craft tutorials and leave the vanilla making tutorials to a "food blog" pro. :)

But... I am going to share what the finished bottles look like.
I have never made Vanilla Extract before, so I am hoping it turns out!  I will definitely be making it again next year too, even if I have to try a different recipe. (Keep you fingers crossed that I don't have too) I am thinking that they would make great adult stocking stuffers too!
 I know that I design for her, so I am partial, but Emma @ My Creative Time has the most amazing products! They helped me make my plain brown glass bottles into fancy custom labeled vanilla bottles, in no time! 
Paper: Core'dinations & My Minds Eye
Tag Die: My Creative Time, Teeny Tag Dies
Label Die: My Creative Time, Vinatge Stitched Label
Round Stamps: My Creative Time, All Around Goodies
Letter Stamps: My Creative Time, Just Simply Live 
Black & White Twine: Trendy Twine

Do you have a vanilla extract recipe that you make? I would love for you to share it!

I hope you have a wonderful day!