June 24, 2011

"Let's Face it Friday" Challenge #18

Happy Friday!

If you are looking for the My Creative Time's June New Release Blog Hop, click here. 
If you are looking for the SVG Summer Shindig Blog Hop, click here.

Today is the start of a new Peachy Keen Stamps, Let's Face it Friday Challenge.

The Challenge:

Create a project showcasing the year you graduated from high school! Make sure you "peachify" your project with our fun faces!

-Design must be new
-Project must include Peachy Keen Faces
-Link up to the PKS Challenge blog by 11:59 pm 7/7

One random winner will receive a $20 Gift Certificate to Peachy Keen Stamps!






 
Honestly, just thinking about the year I graduated from high school gave me anxiety. Seriously, all I could think of was glam bands, big hair, and neon... fun times, let me tell ya.

So this is what I came up with.
Yeah, I know... this card is nothing like what I talked about above, but let me explain. I am a southern California girl. I lived at the beach. If I wasn't asleep in my bed, sitting in either church or school, or at work, I was at the beach. This card makes me smile and remember all the fun carefree days of being a teenager. LOL! Did I seriously just type that... LOL! Anyway, I think I am going to make a few more and send them to my partners in crime friends.
  The papers are DCWV, and pieces from my scrap box. The Flower cut is from and svg set called Felt Right Owl, by Lettering Delights. The little hula girl is from a graphic set that I purchased a year or so ago. The website/online store is no longer in business.  Anyway, I converted the graphic in Make-the-Cut and made her into an svg file and then cut her out.
The sentiment is from Emma's, Fun in the Sun, stamp set.
Her sweet face is from Peachy Keen Stamps set PK-640 Princess Face Assortment.

Here are a couple photos of my high school besties and I.
Julie, me, and Jeanie in Hawaii.
Me, Laurie, Julie, and Cheree, we had bonfires every Wednesday night, during the summer, at the beach.

O.k. so one more... I gotta show you my 80's permed/ratted big hair in action! This is Jenny and I leaving to go to grad-night at Disneyland. 
(BTW... we graduated in 1989) 
BTW~ we are all still friends and communicate weekly... thanks Facebook!

I hope that you will play along with us this challenge! Don't forget to link your photo up on the PKS Challenge blog!

I hope you have a great day!