June 22, 2011

Summer Fun "Guest Designer" Wednesday!

 Happy Wednesday!

If you are looking for today's new Cricut Cardz Challenge, click here.
If you are looking for today's My Creative Time's new release sneak peak, click here.
Today is the fourth week of my summer guest designer series. This weeks guest is my sweet friend Joanna, her super cute blog is Scrap-Making!

Hi everyone! It's Joanna here and I'm super excited to be featured as Ruthie's guest designer today! Ruthie is my PKS DT sister and you all know by now how awesome she is! :)

Since the 4th of July is just a few weeks away I thought it would be fun to make a little DIY home decor type of project. Take a look...
The pinwheels are cut from the Just a Note cartridge (pre-loaded on the E2), then I just hot glued them to the dowel rods and swirled some twine all the way down. Each pinwheel is complete with a fun patriotic sentiment from the "Yankee Doodle Dandy" set by Scrappy Mom's Stamps.
This one has a cute little star brad in the center! :) 
I used my hot glue gun to glue down the polka dot ribbon all the way around and I HAD to add a banner (because I love banners!)..this one is cut from the April Showers Cricut cartridge. I embossed and sanded each pennant and finished it off with more twine.
The "Freedom" is from the Freedom Block by EAD Designs.

I hope you like my project today! 
And thank you Ruthie for letting me be apart of this fun series! :)

-Joanna


Supplies:
 Pattern Paper & cardstock-Momenta
EAD Designs
Scrappy Mom's Stamps
Cricut carts-Just a Note, April Showers
Cuttlebug
twine, dowel rods, hot glue gun, ribbon, brads


Thanks so much Joanna! 
Don't forget to go to Joanna's blog and leave her some blog love!

 
Don't forget! Tomorrow is the start of an all new Throwback Thursday challenge and there will be more sneak peaks of Emma's new releases!

  I hope you have a great day!