January 09, 2017

Manly Monday

IMG_2091-1
Happy Monday!!!
Today is Manly Monday on the My Creative Time blog. I made a quick Valentine's card for today's project. I started with the largest rectangle die from the MORE Stitched Rectangular Dies and the Grainy Wood Background Stamp - REVISEDI cut the largest heart from the Stitched Sweethearts & XOXO Dies out of post it paper and created a mask. Once the mask was attached to the front of the rectangle. I lightly inked around the edge and once I liked the look, I pulled up the mask. Then I stamped the sentiment, from the Chalkboard Valentines in the center of the heart I created with the mask. Lastly, I added the glitter hearts. They were cut from the dies from the Carved Heart.
IMG_2090-1

Products

Paper: Papertrey Ink (Kraft), Heidi Swapp (Glitter Paper)
Ink: Versafine (Onyx Black), Papertrey Ink (Kraft)
My Creative Time Products:
Snips (wire cutters)
MORE Stitched Rectangular Dies
Stitched Sweethearts & XOXO Dies
Carved Heart
Chalkboard Valentines
Grainy Wood Background Stamp - REVISED 

If you would like to see more Manly Monday projects, click here

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

  1. This is really darn cute, Ruthie, how you inked around the heart, & made it look like graffiti on a wall. The sentiment does it justice, too, with how cute it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Miss Ruthie WOWZERS girl What a Spectacular Valentine....Your masking idea sure made for a Magnificent Look...I'm in awe...girl you are so talented...I soooo can't wait to do this thanks for your Great Recipe...You truly did one Super Outstanding Creative job!!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful job on your manly card! The wood background is perfect for this. I like the inking heart technique...a great landing spot for the sentiment!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card...awesome color combination and design.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one! :)