December 11, 2013

Glitter Ornaments

Happy Wednesday!!!

I have been working on making Christmas presents the last couple weeks. I try to always make something handmade each year. At the last minute, on Sunday, I decided to make customized glitter ornaments because what's 30 more custom ornaments added to my list, right?
1-1
I bought the glass  ornaments at Michael's, they are on sale right now. Then I did the glitter technique. Michelle has a great video showing how it's done, here. Once I got my ornament glittered, I applied my Sofia. I found a free coloring page online, of Sofia, and converted/traced it in MTC, so that I could cut it  out of vinyl. I sized her at 2 1/2" tall.
3-3
I found the "Sofia the First" font online for free, so I downloaded it and cut Emily's name and the date in that. It's sized at 2"wide x 1 1/4" tall, her name is a bit bigger then the date.

I found the glitter ribbon on sale at Michael's.
11-11
Emily's brother is a fan on Minecraft, so I looked online and found this image. It was easily traced in MTC, sized at 2" tall and cut out of black vinyl.
12-12
I googled for a Minecraft font as well. I found this one... I am not 100% in love with it, but it works. I actually found a better one, the next day. I have the link to it below.
2-2
Ornaments: Michael's
Glitter: Martha Stewart, Michael's
Glitter Ribbon: Michael's
Mop and Glo: Target
Black Vinyl: My Vinyl Direct
Sofia file: Freebie
Sofia Font: Found here
Minecraft cut file: Freebie
Minecraft Font: Found here

I share a few more ornaments tomorrow!
I hope you have a wonderful day!