March 14, 2014

Happy Pi Day!

Happy Friday!!!

If you are looking for My Creative Time's, Little Bitty blog hop, click here.

Today is Pi Day , which is an annual celebration commemorating the mathematical constant π (pi). Pi Day is observed on March 14 (or 3/14 in the U.S. month/day date format), since 3, 1, and 4 are the three most significant digits of π in the decimal form. 

So... I made a card to commemorate the day. 
1-1
I found this pie svg file and decided to add the Pi symbol to the crust. I am a huge fan of cherry pie, so that is what I went with. I love the embossing  folder that I used, it reminds me of a woven fabric tablecloth. I also used the beautiful Firecracker twine. I love the combination of the aqua, white, and red together, very vintage. 
2-2
Paper: PaperTrey Ink & Core'dinations
Pie svg: Designs on Cloud 9, Room for Pie
Pi Symbol svg: My design (Get it here)
Embossing Folder: Provo Craft, Fabric Swatches Set
Banner die: My Creative Time, Chocolate Greetings Stamp Set
Sentiment: My Creative Time, More Chocolate Greetings Stamp Set
Twine: Firecracker
il_570xN.342915901

I hope you have a wonderful Pi day!