February 05, 2014

Whatever Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday!!!

Today is "Whatever Wednesday" over on the My Creative Time blog

I thought I would do something different today. I found this idea on Pinterest and I thought it would work perfectly with the teeny tiny heart dies in the  4x4 Journal Die + More set. So... I had some fun and did my nails for Valentine's Day!
1-1
So cute right!?!?

It was super easy, first I painted my nail with two coats of white polish (see below for info on brand). Then I took a piece of Post-It Removable Tape, you could use painters 
tape too, if you don't have the Post-it tape, and the medium sized heart die from the 4x4 Journal Die + More die set and made a template. You will need to make one for each finger that you want to put a heart on. Each template can only be used once. Then place the Post-it note template on your nail, make sure you get it smooth around the edges. Paint with the red polish, wait a minute or so and then paint with a thin coat of the silver glitter. I waited about 30 seconds and then slowly removed the template. You don't want the polish to dry with the template in place, or when you remove it, it will pull off your heart. Let it completely dry and then polish with a top coat and you are finished. 

Here is a close up of the mask I made with the Post-It Removable Tape. Right before I added the silver glitter polish.
photo (32)-1
Here's a close-up of the finished stenciled nail!
photo (34)-1
I (heart) it! Ha!

Here is all the product info:
Post-it Removable Tape: Amazon
Heart die: My Creative Time, 4x4 Journal Die + More
Nail Polish:
China Glaze - White on White (White)
Pure Ice - Siren (red)
Silver Glitter - Mash (Silver Glitter Flakes)
Fast Dry Top Coat - Seche Vite (Top Coat)

To see more "Whatever Wednesday" projects, click here.

I hope you have a wonderful day!