August 31, 2011

Summer Fun Wednesday "Guest Designer"

Happy Wednesday!

Can you believe summer is coming to an end?!? That means that my summer guest designer series, is coming to a end too.  This week's guest designer is my super talented Peachy sister, Erin! Erin's fabulous blog is called Erin Lee Creative.
 
Helloooooooo Ruthians!
  I just totally made that one up. I am so excited to be a guest designer for Miss Ruthie aka my Peachy Sister today! I'm Erin from Erin Lee Creative and I've got something super summery for you today. Ruthie asked me to design something with a summer theme and I got inspired jamming to the song Knee Deep by Zac Brown Band... "Only worry in the world is the tide gonna reach my chair".  Love it! Here is my summer easel card:
Recipe:
Stampin Up card stock
DCWV patterned papers
Life's a Beach + Pack Your Bags Cricut cartridges
The Twinery twine (and lots of it!)
Martha Stewart Edge Punch
Market Street Stamps Chillaxin stamp set - sentiment 

My favorite is the itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini! ;) Here's a quick tutorial on how I made my twine pom pom. 
Start with a plastic fork and some twine. (easy enough)
Wrap twine around fork about 30 times, depending on how "poofy" you want your pom pom.
Cut off twine. Cut another piece of twine about 4 inches long and weave through the middle of the fork with the ends at the back. Knot twice.
Cut off loops on both sides. 
Smash down the center from the other way and poof until you get it to look like you want and voila!

Thanks Ruthie for letting me crash your blog, and I hope y'all enjoyed my summer easel card today. Feel free to stop by my blog anytime! 

-Erin

What a great song and fun card Erin! Makes me want to take one last trip to the beach. Eh... who am I kidding, I live in paradise and can go to the beach whenever I want. (Yes, I know I am very blessed!) Anyhow, I want to thank Erin for being a guest designer! Don't forget to head on over to her blog and leave her some blog love!

See you back here tomorrow, it is the start of an all new Throwback Thursday Challenge!
I hope you have a wonderful day!