November 04, 2011

Quick Quotes - Sketch Challenge

Happy Friday!

This month I am a guest designer on the Quick Quotes blog. Today is the start of their monthly sketch challenge.

I created a plaque.
This month my best friend parents have been married for 50 years! We are throwing them a surprise party and I thought it would be fun to make a small plaque with a few photos on it, for the sign-in table. I used their wedding photo, their 25th wedding anniversary photo, and a photo from this last July. My plan is to use a small plate stand to prop it up on the table. I have one somewhere, but of course when I need it, I can’t find it.

It measures 8” x 6” and I backed it with chip board, so that it would be sturdy. All of the papers I used are from the Cherry Truffle line.
The rolled roses are a svg file from SVG Attic. I inked the edges of the flowers with the Bloody Mary Powder Puff ink from Quick Quotes.
I cut the 50 years with Make-the-Cut and the French Script MT font.

This is the sketch.
Head on over to the Quick Quotes blog and see the other designers projects.

I hope you have a great day!