July 14, 2010

Cricut Cardz Challenege #33

This card was my design team submission for this weeks Cricut Cardz Challenge.

This weeks challenge was to create a card using the card feature from any of the cartridges.  I have only had my Cricut for 4 months and I have yet to try any of the card features. So, I will admit, I was a little nervous about this challenge. 

I was born and raised in southern California and have spent most of my life either barefooted or in flip flops. When I saw this card in the Life is a Beach cart, I knew that it was the one. :) 
 
The card was cut from the Life is a Beach cart, at 5 1/4" and the flip flops were cut at 4". The base of the card is a turquoise Bazzil card stock and the other papers are from the K and Company, Greenhouse stack. I also used 4 small pink Prima flowers, they are from the "Got Flowers" bottle.
The inside sentiment pieces measure 4 1/2"  x 4 1/2" and 4" x 4". The swim suit was also cut from the Life is a Beach cart, at 1 3/4". I also placed a small flower bling on the swim suit top. I picked those up at Michael's in the $1 section.  

Now head on over to the Crciut Cardz Challenge Blog and play along! 

I hope you are having a wonderful Wednesday!
 Happy Scrap'n!
Ruthie :)

4 comments:

  1. So cute Ruthie...that cut was the first one I did from LIAB cart...I, too, love being either barefoot or in flip flops (or Birkis LOL!)Love the pretty papers you used!!!

    Hugs,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the flip flops the colors are cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruthie--what a darling card. You always finish off the insides so wonderfully. Let's hear it for flips flops! Unfortunately, they aren't year round shoes for Michigan. I'm always so happy when it gets warm enough to put them on and so sad when I have to put them away in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your flip flop card! It is soooo cute! How did you make it? Did you use a die to cut out the flip flop? Super Cute!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave one! :)