July 16, 2010

Cute as a Bug!

So I totally caved and bought the Live Simply Cricut Lite cart (and several others) at Wal-mart a couple weeks ago. I just couldn't stand it any longer! I finally had some time last night to play with the Live Simply cart and these two cards are the result of my efforts.

Both cards measure 4 1/4" x 3". The base of each card is kraft card stock from here. The sentiment stamp is from the "Lots of Pun" stamp set from here and the bakers twine is from here.  I used DCWV solid cardstock for both cuts.


The grasshopper was cut at 2 1/2". I used white embossing powder for the sentiment, a white Signo Uni-ball pen for the faux stitching, and brown and white bakers twine.
The lady bug was also cut at 2 1/2", I used black and white bakers twine, and the sentiment was stamped with black StazOn ink. Super quick and simple and it only took me 15 minutes! 

I hope you are having a wonderful day!
Happy Scrap'n!
Ruthie :)