August 13, 2010

Hoo's having a Birthday?

Thank God it's Friday! What a crazy week this has been!

I made this card for my surrogate/adopted mom. When I was a little girl I spent a lot of time at her house.  It was the late 70's, early 80's and owl's were all the rage.  She collected the   owls, they were all on a huge wall unit in her living room. 
 
Her Birthday was last week and I wanted to make her a card. 
A friend of mine let me borrow her Cindy Lou cart and the owl cut on the cart,  
reminded me of my most favorite of all her owls.
The card measures  4 1/4" x 5 1/2". The owl was cut at 4". The papers are from the DCWV Linen Closet designer and solid card stock stacks. The ribbon was purchased at the floral supply warehouse and the stamp is from here. The boarder punch was purchased at Michael's, it is a Martha Stewart punch.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
I am planning on some serious scrappy time with my bestie!

Happy Scrap'n!
Ruthie :)