May 24, 2011

Senior Picture Layouts

Happy Tuesday!

When I was in Junior High and High School, just like today, I always had my camera with me. I loved taking pictures, still do. Like everyone else, during that time, I kept all my photos in magnetic albums. I decorated each page with stickers, pieces of memorabilia, and as much information about the photos as I could.  In 1992 I was invited to a Creative Memories class and my life changed forever. Sounds silly I know... but it really did. I was a CM consultant, taught classes, and had a small side business creating albums, for people who were to busy to scrapbook for themselves, for close to ten years.

I purchased my Cricut Expression a little over a year ago and since then, I haven't done much scrapbooking. Last week I found some photos and I knew that they would go perfect with My Creative Time's, Follow Your Dreams stamp set. What I love about Emma's stamps is that they are not just for cards, but they are the perfect size for layouts too. I have scrapped every size album, 12 x 12, 8 x10, 12 x 15, 8 1/2 x 11, 6 x 6, 4 x 6, but my most favorite is 8 x 8. Emma's stamps work perfectly!

So... I took some time this weekend, to work on some layouts.
This is my niece Lindsey. This is one of her senior photos, isn't she beautiful?
See? I told you! Emma's stamps are perfection!
Again, I used the Follow Your Dreams stamp set.

This is Gina, she is Lindsey's bestie and equally beautiful, no?
I am a very straight forward scrapbooker. I keep things quick, clean, and simple. I am definitely a "less is more" kind of girl.

 Look at how crisp and clean the stamps, stamp.

I quickly want to talk a little bit about journaling. As you can see from my layouts, there isn't any journaling. Well... not that you can see. I know lots of people hate their handwriting and to be really honest, I am one of those people.  I have a small box full of cards, notes, and recipes that are from my  grandmother and mom. I can tell you that I cherish every single piece of paper in that box. Journaling is SO VERY IMPORTANT and writing it in your own hand is just as important. Want to know my secret? I create "hidden tags" for my journaling.  I write on tags and then slip them behind the photos. Brilliant idea no? It works perfectly! The memory is there and I don't have to cringe each time I look at the page b/c I hate my writing. I will show you an example, of my "hidden tags" later in the week.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope you have a wonderful day!