February 05, 2013

Happy Birthday

Happy Tuesday!

I have a super quick post for you today.

I made this card for a friends husband. He was born and raised in Hawaii and the gecko kind of reminded me of him and his Hawaiian style.
6-6
I love this svg set so much I that I made a couple more projects with it. I will be sharing those in the next week or so.

The shaped card was fairly easy to make. I layered the shapes/cuts together, when I was happy, I created a shadow layer behind it (blue piece). Then I took the blue piece and created another shadow layer around it (sized to .1425"). The card base was made with two of these shadow layers, welded together at the top. Then I placed all of the pieces together and sized the card to 5.5" wide and 7" tall. The gecko ends up measuring about 2.5"tall
5-5 
Paper: PaperTrey Ink, Echo Park
Svg File: Miss Kate Cuttables, Sun, Sand, and Sea
Flag die & Sentiment: My Creative Time, Chocolate Greetings Stamp Set

See you back here tomorrow,
I hope you have a wonderful day!