September 26, 2012

3-D Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday!

Today is 3-D Wednesday on the My Creative Time blog. Emma asked us to create something that would display a photo, so a desktop stand or frame, or magnet frame for the fridge.

I made a mouse trap picture holder. I found the idea for this project here, but I changed it up a bit.
Really fun, right!?!
Gotta love Sigmond too! (Sigmond is the bat.)

I found the mouse traps at the $1 store. There are four traps in each bag.
I removed all the hardware, it's not to hard. Just make sure you leave the two middle loopy pieces, that hold the spring in place.
Once all the hardware was removed, I painted the edges and the backside black. Then I decopodged pattern paper to the front. I sanded the edges and inked, with black ink, all the way around.  Lastly, put just the arm and springs back on.
Then decorate the bottom and add some magnets to the back. I used my glue gun to make sure they were attached securely.
Then just add your photo!
Mouse Trap: $1 Store
Papers: Core'dinations & Echo Park's Chillingsworth Collection
Bat SVG: Scrapping Bug Designs, Vampire Box
Sentiment & Die: My Creative Time, Teeny Tag Greetings & Treats for My Sweet

Want to see more 3-D Wednesday inspiration?
Click the photo to go to the MCT blog.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a wonderful day!