September 06, 2012

New Designer's Challenge at My Creative Time!

Happy Thursday!

Today is the start of an all new challenge on the My Creative Time blog. Every other week, one of the MCT designers will be choosing a new challenge.

This weeks challenge is a recycle challenge. You can make anything you want, as long as you are re-using something in the design.
I re-cycled these $1 store hurricane candle holders, into these super cute Halloween candy holders. Once the candy is gone, they can be used to hold a candle again.
 For the sentiment, I used MCT's new stamp set called Treats for My Sweet and the Scalloped and Stitched Circle die. I attached them to lollipop sticks with foam tape.
The jack-o-lantern faces are from Treasure Box Designs, Carving Out Memories file. I cut them out of black indoor vinyl at 2 1/4" tall and placed them on the front of the hurricane jars. The ribbon is from May Art's 3/4" Twill Ribbon with Chevron Stripes.
I designed everything in MCT and cut the vinyl out on my Silhouette Cameo.


Want to see more projects?

Click the picture to go to the MCT blog.
Head on over and check out what my fellow DT members made.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a fabulous day!