November 09, 2010

Tales of a dancing dog and a corner rounder!

Happy Tuesday!

Today's card is a Christmas Card. I used the Birthday Bash cart and my Gypsy to switch a few things, so that I could tailor it for for Christmas. When I first saw this little dog, she reminded me of my little Ruby dog. Her coloring is a little different but this little dog's personality reminds me of my Ruby's. Ruby doesn't spend a while lot of time on her two front paws, but she bounces/jumps constantly, she totally reminds me of Tigger. In fact, I often wonder how she hasn't ever broken a leg. At some point I will make a video of her, it's pretty funny to watch.
 
 The coloring came out a little funny in the photos. The red is a very pretty garnet red. It looks rather tomato in the photo. I am not sure why, bad lighting I guess.
 
The paper is the K and Company paper pack, Yuletide and DCWV card stock. The dog was cut at 4". The ribbon is from Michael's, there is glitter on the white polka dots. I also added a bit of Martha Stewart glitter to the dogs Santa hat. The sentiment stamp is from here.
I pulled out my corner rounder for this card... I bought it in 1993. Yeah... I know that makes it 17 years old. It cost me $70 and at the time it was one of the only scrap booking "tools" on the market. It's made of metal, heavy, and looks like it's going to last at least another 20 years. Which is a good thing because I paid $70 for it.
 
Do forget to stop back buy tomorrow. The new challenge will be posted on the Cricut Cardz Challnege blog and I can't wait to show you my card. :)

I hope you have a wonderful day!