November 19, 2010

"Let's Face it Friday" Challenge #5

Happy Friday Morning!

Sorry that I have been MIA this week. I had a little bit of a "craft" overload and needed to take a break. I see that people talk about loosing their mojo, which has never really happened to me. (Which, is not as great as it sounds.) Sometimes I get so many ideas, that I end up feeling overwhelmed and I have a really hard time knowing where to start or what to do first. Which in-turn overwhelms me and stresses me out. So I have found that if I take a step back and remember that crafting is suppose to be fun, not stressful... it helps. So I decided to take a couple days off. I will be back next week with a few fun projects that I can't wait to share. :)

Anyway... on to today's new "Let's Face it Friday" challenge on the PKS blog. This weeks challenge is to create an invitation for a holiday party. This could be for Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Diwali, or even just a gift opening party!

I made an invite for a cookie exchange party.
 The papers are from the DCWV Tis' the Season decorative stack and the card stock stack.
 I used this graphic set from littledreamerdesigns.com, I converted the cookie images in Make the Cut and cut them out on my Cricut. The red top note shape is from the Storybook cart.
I used Glossy Accents on the coolies to make them look like they have icing on them.
 I think this one looks yummy! :)
Last, but defiantly not least... I used the PK 500 Snow Cuties Face Assortment for the gingerbread faces.

The winner of this weeks challenge will win the Winter Frolic cartridge!

WooHoo! Now get busy on those invites ladies!! I can't wait to see what you come up with!
 I will see you on Monday with a super cute, inexpensive, and kid friendly, Thanksgiving project. :)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!