August 24, 2012

Post-it Note Holder

Happy Friday!



Today is day five and the final day of my back-to-school, teacher's gift week. Those of you that missed Monday's post, I dedicated this week to inexpensive and easy back-to-school gifts for teacher's.

My project today is a Post-it Note Holder.
I saw the idea for this on Pinterest and thought I would try making one. I found the acrylic frame at the $1 store.  If I make another one, I will probably look at Target and see if I can find a sturdier acrylic frame. 

To put it together, you just cut your decorative paper to size and slide it in, wrap it with ribbon and tie a knot or bow. I also added a sentiment, but you could add a paper piecing/die cut, or a small photo would be cute too. I  also added several rows of ATG tape to the back of the post-it note to make sure that it stays in place.
The sentiment is from Mt Creative Time's set called, My Teacher Rocks. If you don't have a teacher's sentiment stamp set, you could print something out on the computer.


Here's the breakdown
Acrylic Frame: 99 cent store - $1
Papers: Free- from my paper stash
Sentiment stamp: Free- from my stamp stash 
Ribbon: Free - from my ribbon box

Total spent: $1
Whew! What a week! I hope you have gained some inspiration from all the projects. If you would like to see a few more click here, here, here, here, and here.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!