May 17, 2012

My Creative Time May Stamp Release Sneak Peak - Day 4

Happy Thursday!


Today is the fourth day of sneaks/samples of the newest My Creative Time releases. Thanks so much for hanging in with us all week!  I think this has been one of my most favorite releases. We are all really excited about tomorrow's blog hop!


Today's project is a child's Birthday card, actually, it could also be an adult birthday card, for someone who is still very young at heart. :)
My card base measures 3 1/2" x 5 1/2". The red stars paper measures 3 1/4" x 5 1/4". The denim tag was cut with the new Tag Dies. I also used the new stamp and die set called, Celebrate Good Time's for the "Birthday Boy!".
 The papers are from PaperTrey, Recollection's, Core'dinations, and October Afternoon's Sasaparilla collection.  The brown hemp twine came from Liz's Paper Loft Boutique.
The best part of this card is that the star comes off the card and it can be worn by the birthday boy! I cut the star out of 3 layers of  kraft card stock and then topped it with the golden star. This helped make the star more sturdy.
I attached a safety pin clasp thingy to the back of the star with some hot glue. Then I attached the star to the card with a, super thick, piece of foam tape. 
I started thinking, while I took these photos... I could have put diamond glaze on top of the star. It would have made it shiny, like a real badge, and maybe it would have even made it a bit more durable too. Oh well, there's always next time... right?



This wouldn't be a party w/o GIVEAWAYS!
With all the SAMPLES/ SNEAKS this week, Emma has decided to do some FUN giveaways!

***All you have to do is leave comments on each blog! You do NOT have to comment on every blog, BUT if you do, you will just have more chances to win!

 ***SPREAD THE WORD TO THE WORLD ON FACEBOOK about this release! Let us know on "My Creative Time's" FB page, that you did OR you can just tag Emma in your post!

 Emma will randomly pick & announce all winners on Friday, May 18th during the blog hop  @ 12:01am PST, in her video! 

GOOD LUCK!


Don't forget that tomorrow is the new release blog hop!
I hope you have a wonderful day!