July 12, 2011

My 1st SVG Attic Design Team Project

Happy Tuesday!

I am so excited becasue today is my 1st "official" post as an SVG Attic designer.  

I was introduced to Jessica, a couple months ago, when she was a featured artist on The Paper Dolls blog. I really liked how clean and simple her svg designs were, and it didn't take long before I was stalking her blog and Facebook page. I am so very honored that she wanted me to be a part of her design team.

Today's project was made with her newest SVG set, called Summer Lanterns.

I decided to create a "Beach House" lantern. I have friends who have rented a beach house for the summer. A couple weeks ago I went and stayed with them for a couple of days. I thought it would be fun to create a lantern that would remind them of their summer and cute little beach house that was their home.

The lantern, windows, door, shingles, window box, and bushes are all from the Summer Lanterns set. The surf boards, bathing suits, umbrella, and beach ball are from the Just Beachy set. The lantern and bamboo pieces holding up the clothesline, are from the Luau Collection. At the bottom of the post I will list all of the sizes, just in case you want to try making one yourself.

Here is what it looks like with a candle inside.
 
 
 
It looks so cute sitting on the table. I kinda don't want to part with it. :)

Here are all the specific cut sizes. Make sure to keep the proportion button on so that both sizes change, not just the width.

Lantern: 6.9501 wide
 Shingles: 6.6250 wide
Windows: 2.3281 wide
Top of door: 1.3281 wide
Base of door: 1.4844 wide
Window box/flowers: 2.7242 wide
Large shrub: 2.9607 wide
Small shrubs (2): 2.3999 wide
Flowers: 1.2875 wide

Surf Board #1: 0.7479 wide
Surf Board #2: 0.6742 wide
Swim Trunks: 0.8498 wide
2-piece: 1.7442 wide
Umbrella: 2.2336 wide
Beach Ball: 0.8332wide

Lantern: 0.8171 wide
Bamboo: 0.2148 wide

I made the lanterns handle with a 6" x 1" piece of paper, that I attached at the top with small white brads. I also placed vellum on the inside of the lantern, behind the windows, to create the effect of glass.  All of the papers I used were from DCWV and the twine was from Paper and Parcel.
  
If you have time stop by the SVGAttic.com and check out the new store and blog!

I hope you have a great day!