July 29, 2011

Summer Fun "Guest Designer" Friday!

Happy Friday!

Can you believe that we are already at the end of July!?! Holy Cow! Where the heck did the summer go? Today is the ninth week of my summer guest designer series. This week's guest designer is super talented friend, Angelica, she is one of the junior "peaches" of Peachy Keen Stamps, owner and illustrator of Market Street Stamps, and after all that she has a crafty blog too! Whew!

Hello September Ninth fans! I am SO excited to be a guest designer on my pal Ruthie's blog today!! Ruthie is a sweetheart and did you know she made both of my daughter's birthday banners this year? Yep! Check them out here and here! They were a fantastic conversation piece - everyone loved them!

I'm Angelica {Handmade by Angelica}: mommy, wife, blogger, illustrator, and small business owner. To say my life is busy is an understatement, but taking time out of my day to create - even if just a doodle in my art journal - keeps me sane! 

Today I'm sharing a summer-color-inspired card using one of my favorite mediums - Copic Markers!
I used "Lauderdale" by Basic Grey, some kraft and black cardstock, and of course, my favorite twine from The Twinery
Isn't he funny?! I used Under the Sea {Market St Stamps} and for the bubbled sentiment I used Shout it Out {Our Craft Lounge}.

Thanks so much for having me as a guest designer, Ruthie!! I loved creating this summer-inspired card for everyone today!

Ruthie here....

Thanks so much Angelica! Your card is darling! Aren't puffer fish the best!?!
Don't forget to go and visit Angelica's blog and leave her lots of blog love!



I hope you have a GREAT day!