December 01, 2012

12 Day's of Christmas - Day 1

Happy Saturday!

I am so excited because today is the 1st day of My Creative Time's annual "12 Days of Christmas". I have been working on my projects for the last 3-4 weeks and I have been busting at the seams, to share them with you! 

My first project is a 3 Tea Light Gift Card.   
I saw the idea for this card on one of the blogs that I follow. The link to the original card and svg file, that she had original found, was several years old and the svg file was no longer available. I decided to look on Youtube and I found several tutorials, so I decided to create my own svg file by combining my favorite features from the tutorials that I watched.
I made two different versions of it. The first version, above, holds a tag that you can add a sentiment to. The second version, which is below, is turned on it's side and the pocket becomes a flap, for a more traditional card.
Here is a look under/inside the flap.
This card is a quick and easy to made and an inexpensive gift. You can also fill this card with other things too, like... candy, potpourri, small cookies... get creative!

Guess What? 
I am going to share the file with you, so that you can make them too!
Link to the free file is below.
Supplies:
Paper: PaperTrey Ink, Stampin Up!, and Recollections, Festivus
3 Tea Light Gift Card SVG: Freebie File (see below)
Sentiment Stamp: My Creative Time, It's a Magical Season
Sparkle stamp: It's a Magical Season
Tag Die: My Creative Time, Just tags
Crinkle Ribbon: Esty
Tea Lights: Dollar Tree

Paper: PaperTrey Ink, Stampin Up!, and Recollections, Festivus
3 Tea Light Gift Card SVG: Freebie File (see below)
Sentiment Stamp: My Creative Time, It's a Magical Season
Sparkle stamp: It's a Magical Season
Twine & Button: Liz's Paper Loft Boutique
Crinkle Ribbon: Esty
Tea Lights: Dollar Tree

Free File!

A few things before you download... 
1st : Please become a follower of my blog, if not already.
2nd:  Also, if you use the file and post it online, please link back to my blog.

I made it into three versions .mtc, .svg, or .studio, so be sure to click the one you want/need.

Here is a video tutorial showing how to put the card together.

**UPDATE**
I have had a few questions in the comment section, so I am going to add them here as well.

Q. Can I use my Cricut to cut this file out? 
A. Unfortunately, no you  can no longer cut svg files with your Cricut machine. Provo Craft has taken that right away from you.

Q. Can you put items inside the box, other then tea lights?
A. Yes! There are lots of things that will fit! Candy ,PotpourriCoffee beans.... Think creatively!

Q. Can I make this if I don't have a cutting machine, aka... Cricut, Cameo, Ecraft?
A. Yes! You can make it without a machine! Here are a few tutorials showing how. herehere, & here.

HUGE GIVEAWAY ALERT!
Okay, since it's Christmas, Emma has decided to give away TWELVE of her FAVORITE things to ONE LUCKY person! She will announce one of the prizes,  each day, in her daily video! So by the 12th day, you will have seen ALL 12 items, that ONE lucky person, will be receiving! All you have to do is leave comments each day! It's that simple! ALSO, **VERY IMPORTANT** Please leave your contact information so we can contact you "IF" YOU are the lucky winner! 

Lots of luck!

If you would like to see more "12 Days of Christmas" projects, you can see them here. 

See you back here tomorrow for day two!
I hope you have a wonderful day!